Ambar Bhattacharya, abptakmaa, Kolkata, 22nd Jan 2020 : The 44th International Kolkata Book Fair is now at the verge of its inauguration on the 29 January 2020 and all the micro events are now slowly falling in place before the mega event starts.
International Kolkata Book Fair 2020 will be inaugurated on 29 January 2020 at 4 pm at the Central Park Mela Complex, Salt Lake, by our Hon’ble Chief Minister Smt. Mamata Banerjee, in presence of H. E. Kudashev Nikolay Rishatovich, Ambassador of Russia in India, Hon’ble Mr Vladimir Grigoriev & Mr Eugene Vodolazkin from the Theme Country Russia, eminent essayist Shri Nrisingha Prasad Bhaduri and Hon’ble Ministers of our state.
The following are the highlights of this year’s International Kolkata Book Fair:
1. There will be approx. 600 stalls and 200 Little Magazines.
2. There will be nine entry and exit gates in the IKBF 2020 for the easy movement of the visitors. The Theme gate will be the replica of iconic Bolshoi theatre, Moscow, Russia.
3. Big two halls of the Book Fair having mainly the English publications have been named after Nabanita Dev Sen and Girish Karnad who passed away in 2019. The Little Magazine Pavilion will be named after legendary poet Subhash Mukhopadhyay. Also, there will be Subha Dutta Press Corner and Mukta mancha (Open stage) named after Adrish Bardhan.
4. For booklovers, Transport Department, Government of West Bengal has assured to provide additional bus services. With the help of Bidhannagar Police, the auto fare of various destinations has also been fixed for the Book Fair.
5. Apart from the Car parking area, this time there will also provision of parking of cycles for the book lovers.
6. Urban Development Department, Government of West Bengal has come forward this year to make the Book Fair eco friendly.
7. A special medical assistance service with ambulance and well equipped doctors, by Peerless Hospitex Hospital And Research Center Limited, Health Partner of IKBF 2020.
8. International Kolkata Book Fair 2020 android app to locate any stall in the fair, created by CESC will be available from play store soon.
9. The website and the app of International Kolkata Book Fair will provide all information.
10. 20 Countries across the globe will participate at the International Kolkata Book Fair 2020.
Bangladesh will have around 40 publishers inside their pavilion.
We have already come to know that a good number of authors from Russia, Costa Rica, Spain, Scotland, Australia, Guatemala, Argentina, Bangladesh will be participating in different interactive sessions and seminars along with noted Indian authors.
We are indebted to CESC for their all-out cooperation. There will be a CESC Corner for eminent guests of Book Fair like last year which will be grandly decorated. The daily lottery will be held from there, where CESC will distribute Book Gift Coupon worth Rs 15,000/- per day to the lucky winners.
“Buy books and win a Book Library” – As a commitment to the society, this year Guild has decided to disseminate the opportunity to more and more book lovers. The ‘ Book Bumper Library lottery’ will be organised on four days of the Fair. We will have five lucky winners on each of those days who will win Book Gift Coupon of Rs 25,000/- each.
Books are the best friends, specially to the senior people – Keeping this in mind, Guild has decided to donate books to some Old Age homes from this year.
A special ‘CESC Sahitya Samman’ will be awarded this year to Shri Nrisingha Prasad Bhadhuri.
We are specially indebted to State Bank of India – our official Banker for providing full banking facilities & ATM and e-services in the Fair Ground.
We are also indebted to ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company – our Official Insurer.
We also acknowledge support from National Jute Board as our Green partner and Novotel our Hospitality partner.
The other major attraction of the International Kolkata Book Fair that we all look forward to, will be the 7th edition of the Kolkata Literature Festival which will be held from 6 to 8 February 2020. We are coming with a list of the participating authors, dignitaries, celebrities in the next conference. Publicity : Candid Communication.