Desk Correspondent, abptakmaa, 24th Dec 2019 : Winter holidays have begun and with it the mood for Christmas and New Year’s Eve Party! However, party invitations bear the bane of a heavy head the next morning. As Dr. Joydeep Ghosh, Consultant Internal Medicine at Fortis Hospital Anandapur advises, “With the highly stressful lifestyle led by people in today’s times, the party seasons are times when everyone lets loose and binge on food and alcohol like there is no tomorrow. However, most of these party mongers end up with a bad hangover on the morning post-party, which is a result of unmonitored alcohol consumption.”
Hangovers generally present with the symptoms like headache coupled with muscle aches, nausea or vomiting, increased sensitivity to light and sound, dizziness and mood disturbances. Dr. Ghosh has given some key tips to party keeping a hangover at bay, which is mentioned below:
- Don’t drink binge.
- Have some snacks with drinks.
- Don’t drink in empty stomach.
- Try to restrict within 2 pegs.
- Take care of your friends, so that they don’t get drunk.
- Patients of diabetes and blood pressure should limit their drinks strictly.
- Drink but don’t get drunk.
- Fatty protein rich foods are best to take along.
- Make sure that someone who doesn’t drink and can drive is there with you.
- Don’t mix different types of alcohol.
However, if you have blurred the limits and are suffering from an excruciating hangover, there are certain tips from the consultant can help get some relief:
- Drink plenty of water.
- Have a heavy breakfast next morning.
- Get a good sleep. Publicity : Carpediem Communique.